1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

peeved

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sarah_26, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Hi all, me back for another whinge and a moan.
    Firstly would like to thank Theo and everyone as I am constantly being told that my application letter is amazing and i'm a very strong candidate and also that I can't do much to improve my interview either, just keep getting pipped.
    Here's the moan. I went for an interview a fortnight ago, was told all of the above and basically the only thing I could have done better was put a bit more energy into the teaching as it was KS1, fair point. However today I see that the job has been readvertised.... feel like I can't win and that obviously they just didn't like me for their team and were possibly clutching at straws for a reason to reject me. What more can I possibly do to get a job?
    Realise that theres a lot of people in the same boat as me now.... so glad for Christmas, need to break from all this. So as a last point... to everyone struggling out there... don't let it take over your lives and make sure you enjoy Christmas.
    xx

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That is so often our problem these days: schools can afford to be <u>really picky </u>with the plethora of applicants. Schools really are micro-communities and the best ones are those where all the staff fit together well. You just need to find a school where you're the 'missing part of the jigsaw'.