1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

peepo book Literacy ideas Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by julia pearl, May 28, 2008.

1. More of a history link .... how about comparing the setting in the book and the role of the characters by comparison with what you get at home today :- working clothes, jobs, washing on the line, etc.
    I think it's set in the 50s though obviously not written then.

2. Rendellers

Rendellers New commenter

It was written in 1981 the decade my chn were born and a family favourite. It's set in the 1940s.I use this in the Autumn as part of Me, Myself and I. As well as the contrast activities we focus on the idea of rhyme.Also can write about what chn think the baby dreams about when he's asleep

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I've always used it to compare "now" & "then" from a history perspective. It was a favourite of my daughter when she was small.

4. thanks for the ideas. do you think it will work ok to link into to people who help us tlking about things they do to help the baby.

5. Why not? It's the role of parents in society, unpaid, yet expected!

6. that is very true.
    Can anyone suggest any group activities based on this book?

7. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

I have just decided to make our own rhyming classroom story based on Peepo. Have uploaded onto resources, under Peepo!