1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pedagogs - Writing Target Stickers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by NoNoNoah, Dec 6, 2011.

1. NoNoNoah

NoNoNoah New commenter

I am curious if anyone has any experience using Pedagogs Writing Level stickers http://www.thepedagogs.com/cscart/index.php?target=categories&category_id=243 ?
    I am a Yr 5 teacher with several low level 2 writers and these seem an appealing way to highlight what they need to aim for. I am not sure if I would want to roll this out to my more able as we use other target boards, but I am open to it if someone has positive input.
    If you have used them how successful have they been? Do they link up with APP?
    They are quite expensive and I suspect I will be the one buying them as I have a very limited budget, so I would appreciate any warnings if they are not very useful.

2. NoNoNoah

NoNoNoah New commenter

I am curious if anyone has any experience using Pedagogs Writing Level stickers http://www.thepedagogs.com/cscart/index.php?target=categories&category_id=243 ?
    I am a Yr 5 teacher with several low level 2 writers and these seem an appealing way to highlight what they need to aim for. I am not sure if I would want to roll this out to my more able as we use other target boards, but I am open to it if someone has positive input.
    If you have used them how successful have they been? Do they link up with APP?
    They are quite expensive and I suspect I will be the one buying them as I have a very limited budget, so I would appreciate any warnings if they are not very useful.

3. They are really pretty but as you say expensive. Why not make your own and print off on labels. You can colour photocopy. Simples/. Most of my target stickers are done this way.
    Or...even cheaper just type them up on paper and allow children to colour in the relevant target as a treat when they have achieved it

4. NoNoNoah

NoNoNoah New commenter

Both of those are really affordable options and I could certainly see myself designing my own.
    I was curious if the targets on these stickers are any good and if they directly link to APP.

5. NoNoNoah

NoNoNoah New commenter

I heard from a colleague today that targets like these are generally too vague to help provide substantial improvements for children. I wonder if there are any counter points out there that can offer an alternative opinion?