1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pearson SuccessMaker

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by katy_matey, Jun 28, 2016.

1. katy_matey

katy_matey New commenter

Hi,

Has anyone used the Pearson's SuccessMaker programme? It is being advertised as an intervention programme that is personalised and tailored to what a child needs in order to 'catch up' with their peers. It sounds quite impressive and I have spoken to our local rep who is very passionate about it....I just wanted to know if anyone has any practical experience of this and the impact it has had....

Thanks.

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I don't think it 's as good as it 's cracked up to be ? I recall a former school running with it about 20 years ago - so been around a long time. Of course the rep will describe it in glowing terms ! You could ask Pearson to provide some contact details which currently use it and then ask some key questions ? I would have thought if it was that good there would be more mention of it on the forums - just a thought ? There is a résumé ( impact / costing / value for money ) - Education Endowment Toolkit ? - (Google is your friend ) re interventions - maybe worth a look before you commit.