1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pearson D1 Scheduling Diagram query

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by EmmaLibby, Dec 9, 2019.

1. EmmaLibby

EmmaLibby New commenter

I'm teaching D1 for the first time and had a query today that I could not answer...

Page 253, Ex 8I, Question 3. After the first worker has finished activity C, why is activity F chosen over activity D, when D has the lowest late end time? This is skipped over in the worked solutions with no explanation.

https://www.activeteachonline.com/default/player/splitzoom/id/750543/external/0

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. BG54

BG54 Occasional commenter

I'm not an expert on DM but is it because activity J cannot begin until G, H and I have all been completed and if you swap F and D over the minimum time that the project can be completed in is 26 days - or hours, not sure which it is as the solution gives days but the activities are in hours.

The revised schedules for that option would be

A-C-D-G-H with H finishing at 20 units

B-E-F-I-J with J starting at 22 units and finishing at 26 units.

Other options that I considered would have J starting before one of H or I was complete which is not allowed.