1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Business CA

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by helendavealex, Aug 17, 2017.

1. helendavealex

helendavealex New commenter

I have had shock at how poor my Developing a Marketing Campaign Controlled Assessment results are. I didn't moderate the actual writing but did manage the research and when I saw the assessment, I was confident they had all done well. Anyone else disappointed?

2. going grey quickly

going grey quickly New commenter

There is are active conversations on the FB groups; it seems like Unit 2 was a bit of a mixed bag. My lot are doing it in the January window as I thought there may be issues with it this year. We only did the finance exam and apart from one student they did alright

3. helendavealex

4. helendavealex

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a FB account as when HOY it gave me such problems! I'll see if I can get someone to access so I can have a look. My students are starting to doubt me which is not a good thing.

5. jonnyhallam

jonnyhallam New commenter

I am in exactly the same position. My finance results were good and thought that the marketing would be similar. Some of my best students only managed a pass and not one (of 14) got a distinction. Because of these results I am a little worried about the 2nd year controlled assessments. The sample for the management unit looks daunting and there is very little guidance. I need to have a look for these facebook groups, any information?