1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pearson books Active Teach

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by moonlight35, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Is it worth the nearly £400?
    Thanks

2. I definately think so. there are interactive exercises and more grammar worksheets available and it is much easier having the listening ready and there next to the exercises. Also, it can go onto the school VLE (if you have one), so students can access it at home.

3. Definitely !!

4. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

If you have to use textbooks Active teach are among the best. We use them. I like the assessments which go with Studio. The Studio are better than the GCSE resources.

5. derekdalek

derekdalek New commenter

I have replied on the other thread, but will just say that I love activeteach for KS3 and 4 Spanish. It saves a lot of time and I think its worth the investment.

6. Used French Active Teach with KS4 this year for first time...... complete convert. Pupils love it. Haven't bought text books. Each of class has a workbook t appropriate level and we do exercises on IWB. Lots of scope to use texts for highlighting grammar points.... finding vocab etc. Have just started adding some very easy worksheets for my SEN so they will simply appear ready for the lessons!!!

7. ambi

ambi New commenter

Gemmavic1981 is it true you can put Activeteach on VLE or is it protected by copyright?I never ddid work that one out but if we can then that's great!

8. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

You can put activeteach on your VLE. I think that's the point of it. It allows students to work from home. If you're lucky enough to have a decent VLE, that is.

9. Thank you all for replies, very useful.
    In particular I like the idea that text books might not be needed. I am not sure about how much money we are willling to spend.
    I have asked for the evaluation package and hope it will not take too long arriving.

10. zrcadlo

zrcadlo New commenter

Hello
    I have just bought Active Teach but can't work out how to put it on the VLE (Moodle) and nobody at school knows how to either! I have looked at all the files that are on the CD which are supposed to be relevant and tell you how to do it, but not being at all good with these sorts of things, I don't know what to do next!
    Do you have to install it page by page? And if so, doesn't that take a very long time?
    If anyone who has done this and can help me, or knows someone in their ICT/Tech Support Department who has and could tell me how, I'd be SO grateful for a response on here
    Thank you very much

11. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

I just googled the instructions for uploading Active Teach onto a vle and they have most of the platforms such as moodle and fronter covered. http://centraal.uk.knowledgebox.com/kbase/files/VLE/Pearson%20VLE%20files%20and%20you.pdf

12. zrcadlo

zrcadlo New commenter

Hello there, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to steveglover as I have now managed to do it and get the books up on our Moodle.
    If anyone else struggles with this, do use the link provided above and then click on their 'extra information' bit at the bottom of the relevant slide, as this taught me how to do it and I am very bad at these things!
    Thanks again - really pleased [​IMG]