1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE teacher wanting exchange with Scotland from Tasmania, Australia

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by klakos, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I teach HPE in Tasmania, Australia at an all girls Catholic school. We live in the capital city, and were hoping to do an exchange (with my husband and two boys) in the year 2013. House exchange too if suitable. Willing to teach HPE from Grade 7-12 (which is what I teach currently here). Not sure how we would go about it, but thought I would put it out there and see if there is any interest.
    We would love to be in the country somewhere, but that isnt essential.

2. I teach HPE in Tasmania, Australia at an all girls Catholic school. We live in the capital city, and were hoping to do an exchange (with my husband and two boys) in the year 2013. House exchange too if suitable. Willing to teach HPE from Grade 7-12 (which is what I teach currently here). Not sure how we would go about it, but thought I would put it out there and see if there is any interest.
    We would love to be in the country somewhere, but that isnt essential.

3. I think your best bet is to go through a proper agency. HPE isn't taught over here like it is in Hobart. In fact, if you are one of the only 2 schools you could be, you will find nothing overly similar!
    Are you at the green school or the blue one?
    Are you teaching sports science? If so, you should find an exchange ok as you will be able to teach A level without too much trouble.
    If you do come over, even without an exchange, can I go home and have your job, please?