1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pe Teacher Looking for a job

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by jhonnyszodrai, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Good evening, I am Pe Teacher from Romania, I am looking to get back in to teaching, i would like some help from somebody hwo already has been trough this situation. Thank you

2. Caity52

Caity52 New commenter

Unfortunately there are a huge number of qualified PE teachers who are unable to find jobs in the UK at the moment so I suspect it might be a tricky subject to find employment in. How long have you been teaching in Romania? There is a degree of reciprocal recognition of qualifications within the EU which could help (for now) but that is generally reliant on you having at least 3 years of post qualification experience. Otherwise you may be required to do some sort of training to upgrade your qualifications. Make sure you have a good understanding of the UK curriculum, know the requirements of the GCSE syllabus, visit lots of different schools to find out what they do and perhaps do some voluntary or supply work to get your face known by them. In this crowded market you are going to need to be impressive to stand out so think about what you have to offer that they might not get from the next candidate.