1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE Teacher interview questions

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by hkbaxter1, Jan 7, 2010.

1. I have an interview coming up for a PE Teachers position. I want to know what a good answer would be to the following questions because the ones I have I don't think are good enough. The questions I need help with are:
    What does a good lesson look like? (I believe that I teach good lessons but am not very good at selling myself).
    What is my teaching philosophy? Is it wrong that I don't think I have one? I just want the pupils to do as well as they possibly, develop a safe and fun environment where pupils are not afraid to mistakes and enjoy PE.

Any more questions with answers people can think of?
    And generally I need some tips on how I can sell myself!
    Thanks,
    HK

2. I have an interview coming up for a PE Teachers position. I want to know what a good answer would be to the following questions because the ones I have I don't think are good enough. The questions I need help with are:
    What does a good lesson look like? (I believe that I teach good lessons but am not very good at selling myself).
    What is my teaching philosophy? Is it wrong that I don't think I have one? I just want the pupils to do as well as they possibly, develop a safe and fun environment where pupils are not afraid to mistakes and enjoy PE.

Any more questions with answers people can think of?
    And generally I need some tips on how I can sell myself!
    Thanks,
    HK

3. Hi HK,
    In most cases you will know what a good lesson looks like, but it is a case of communicating it without 'waffling': ILO's, AFL, differentiation, safety, enjoyment, appropriate lesson content, learning points re-inforced continuously, inclusiveness, activity levels, variety of teaching styles to affect VAK etc (in no particular order) gives you are starter (and all of those is probably too much, select as you feel)...but you probably already knew that!
    In terms of teaching philosophy, it sounds to me like the statement after claiming not to have one, practically is your philosophy for teaching. Only you will know what your teaching philosphy is, so will be difficult to help on that one.
    <u>Questions that I have been asked are:</u>
    Explain how you have used differentiation in a classroom setting to improve the learning of all the students.
    Can you explain the term AFL and how it can be implemented to further learning?
    You have a student in your class with visual impairment. How are you going to support them? (this could be used for any form of SEN)
    What do you believe your strengths are as a teacher and why?
    There is a fight in the playground. How do you go about breaking it up?
    You will also be asked questions based on your letter of application. Make sure you know it inside out!
    Unfortunately, these are the only one's that I can remember. To sell yourself, explain what you have done well, what you are good at, what makes you a stronger candidate becuase of experiences gained etc, anything that can give you the edge over the other candidates- because they will be doing the same!! One thing that I got told that was obvious but really usefull, is be REALLY enthusiastic.
    Good luck!!