1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE - Striking activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by puffinjen, Jun 6, 2011.

1. puffinjen

puffinjen New commenter

Hi, I'm a student teacher and looking for some ideas for year 2 striking activities in PE - apart from the usual Rounders games, are there any other fun ways for children to practice their striking skills? I'm not sure why but I'm drawing a blank on this?!! We have paddle bats so I was thinking of some activities that involved them, although I'm open to ideas! Thanks!

2. puffinjen

puffinjen New commenter

Hi, I'm a student teacher and looking for some ideas for year 2 striking activities in PE - apart from the usual Rounders games, are there any other fun ways for children to practice their striking skills? I'm not sure why but I'm drawing a blank on this?!! We have paddle bats so I was thinking of some activities that involved them, although I'm open to ideas! Thanks!

3. Tennis, cricket, table tennis, French cricket, badminton?

4. puffinjen

puffinjen New commenter

Thanks, wasn't really looking for other sports, just more games they can play in groups - sorry I don't think I was very clear - the PGCE has that effect on me [​IMG]

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. puffinjen

puffinjen New commenter

Thnaks Marlin - I had actually come across those when I was looking over the weekend but in my rush dismissed them, will have a proper look now, thanks for reminding me about them [​IMG]

7. Apparentlt the government are about to issue new rules on striking activities!!
    SORRY!!!!

Try swedish longball - great game!

8. puffinjen

puffinjen New commenter

Haha, not much help are they!! Thanks, I'll google Swedish longball!