1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE Questionnaires

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Treeniepooh, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Treeniepooh

Treeniepooh New commenter

As part of the school long term plan we have to sent out questionnaires to parents and pupils about our subjects. I have to do one for PE in our school - has anyone got any advice or a template I could use?
    Thanks

2. Treeniepooh

As part of the school long term plan we have to sent out questionnaires to parents and pupils about our subjects. I have to do one for PE in our school - has anyone got any advice or a template I could use?
    Thanks

3. What kind of things are you needing to find out?

4. Treeniepooh

Their views on PE in school, what they would like offered as after school club - not sure what else I could ask!

5. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

As a start:
    • Decide exactly what the purpose of the Queationnaire is. I see it as finding out their thooughts about what there is now, and what they want in the future.
    • Start with general questions - How many children they have in the school, their ages, how far away they live, whether their child does any sport outside school already (and what it is and where they do it)
    • What do they think of the curricular spports provision - is there anything they would change.
    • I would suggest finding out - what they think/know of the current provision, how much they/their child use it, if not why not, would they pay for it, what activities they would prefer, would they be willing to help (pending CRB checks), how much would they pay, if they wouldnt use it, find out what would stop them (cost? time? type of activity? transport problems? quality of provision (equipment and staffing)
    • Put a mixture of closed and open questions (I am presuming you know what that is) plus examples of what might be possible for the future
    This, hopefully, should get you started
    Stoppers

6. Treeniepooh

Brilliant! thank you! Thats really given me a good start. Ta