1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE plans?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Teacher1212, May 23, 2011.

1. I am a primary co-ordinator and thought rather than spend my annual budget of £300 on more balls, hoops etc I would try and get some new planning schemes in. We mainly use Val Sabin from 2000 and it is a little dated. I thought about buying newer Val Sabin or another scheme althogether. Staff have said they would prefer gymnastic planning updated so I think I am going to focus on that this year. Any ideas for good gym primary plans?

Thanks

2. I am a primary co-ordinator and thought rather than spend my annual budget of £300 on more balls, hoops etc I would try and get some new planning schemes in. We mainly use Val Sabin from 2000 and it is a little dated. I thought about buying newer Val Sabin or another scheme althogether. Staff have said they would prefer gymnastic planning updated so I think I am going to focus on that this year. Any ideas for good gym primary plans?

Thanks

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Look on here for some free plans. I used some from here to teach year 6 gym earlier this year and they were great. I'd never taught gym before and they were brilliant step by step ones. There are some year 3/4 plans and some KS3 plans that are also excellent and adaptable for year 5/6. There maybe some great KS1 plans as well, no idea.

Then spend your money on something fabulous, like gym equipment. You won't get much for £300 though!

4. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Get 'Raising the Bar' - awesome scheme which focuses on skills rather than sports. You can get a chap in to train you called Ronnie Wood who wrote it. I'm sure he has a website. I went and it was fantastic and have had very positive reports from across the school because it encourages PE across the whole curriculum and develops the whole individual. It's also VERY inclusive. (And it's cheap too!)