1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE PGCE Interview at Chichester

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by dannyt543, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I've got an interview at Chichester University to do a PE PGCE and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to prepare myself for. Any questions or general advice? Many thanks.
    D

2. Hi,
    I've got an interview at Chichester University to do a PE PGCE and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to prepare myself for. Any questions or general advice? Many thanks.
    D

3. D,
    It will be vitally important that you know what the strands of the National Curriculum are, as this will be what you are teaching. Some University's will want to know about your philosophy on teaching Physical Education and will also ask questions that make you think about the strands (Teaching Hockey is fundamentally the same as Rugby??- Concepts within those games- Passing, scoring, defending etc ). If you are peforming a brief teaching episode then you should be using this as an opportunity to show that you can/understand about core skills in teaching. Use a bit of guided discovery, differentiation, think about how you communicate and the information you are delivering. Sorry I can't be of more help, it's been a while!!
    S

4. Alright mate, i've got a PGCE interview at Chichester on wednesday, and was wondering if you could tell me what came up during the interview? Like, what the practical element is etc? Any help you could give would be great.
    Also, did you get offered a place on the course after your interview?
    Thanks
    Brad

5. Hi Brad,
    I have an interview at Chichester on Wednesday aswel! Do you have facebook so I can speak to you over there about the interview?
    Thanks,
    Claire

6. Hi,
    I found your thred from last year and just wondered if you had any info about the Chichester PE PGCE interview.
    Did you get a place? If so, what do you think of the uni? I have applied this year after a failed attempt last year at a different uni due to a weak interview and just wanted a bit of an idea what they did last year?

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks,

Katie