1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE Lesson plans Y4 striking & fielding games

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by louthompson, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am returning to work as a year 4 teacher in Sept and currently trying to sort out planning for the Striking and Fielding Games unit. I like the lesson plans on the schoolsnet website but they refer to a Teacher Factfile that doesn't seem to exist!!

Does anyone know where to find the factfile with the rules for the games they refer to? I've tried finding the rules for Bench Tennis - absolutely nothing on a Google Search!!! Also the Tinker Tailor game it tells you to do as a cool down activity - no idea what that involves!

PE is the one subject I hate to teach and I am useless when it comes to knowing games to play with the class. Am returning after a year off so really finding this planning hard!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Lou.

2. I am struggling with this too, did you every find the answer?

3. Hi, I know it has been a quite a few years (!) since you have posted this comment, but I have stumbled across it while searching for bench tennis rules myself. I havent found bench tennis rules but have found the Tinker Tailor game so thought I would post them here for anyone else who might be searching in the future...

Tinker Tailor -

Children stand in a class circle and pass the ball around while the rhyme is said.- at this stage it can be literally passed from hands to hands but this should be developed in later lessons to bouncing between each child. There are different actions for each name. Today teach the action of the Thief - he/she has to run around the circle with the ball chased by the teacher.

Tinker Tailor Rhyme - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor, Rich man, Poor man, Beggar man, Thief.

Tinker Tailor (version 2) -

children stand in a large circle, with a gap between each child. They bounce the ball around the circle to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor, Rich man, Poor man, Beggar man, Thief. The thief runs around the outside of the circle back to his/her place. The child who receives the ball on ?rich man? throws the ball into the air and catches it. The child who is the soldier marches on the spot.

Tinker Tailor (version 3) -

children stand in a large circle, with a gap between each child. They bounce the ball around the circle to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor, Rich man, Poor man, Beggar man, Thief. The thief runs around the outside of the circle back to his/her place. The tinker pretends to sell pots and pans. The tailor pretends to sew clothes. . The child who is the soldier marches on the spot. The sailor salutes. The child who receives the ball on ?rich man? throws the ball into the air and catches it. The poor man cries because he has no money. The beggar man holds out his bowl to beg.