1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE ideas for Reception children who do PE in the classroom!

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by meda103, Jan 25, 2012.

1. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">Hi everyone, at the moment we have to do PE in the classroom and I have been using Cbeebies Boogie Beebies a lot and would like to do something different.
    Does anyone have any good links to dance videos on You Tube suitable for Reception? Or any other ideas of activities I can do to get the children active and have fun?
    Thanks!
    </td></tr></table>

2. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

Why are you doing PE in the classroom?

3. Is there really nowhere at all for them to go outside? No playground at all? With little people I do think its much better for them to get out of doors, even in chilly weather (not in pouring rain, of course). Get them to bring in trackie bottoms/ leggings and sweatshirts/hoodies and get them outside!
    Do you have apparatus in your school hall that they could use for something a bit different?

4. We are in temporary accomodation at the mo, sharing a small playground with Nursery so not able to use outdoor area for PE at the moment!

5. Ho hall - we are in just 2 portacabins a mile from main site

6. Simon Says? Take Ten even brain gym.

7. Table rugby. Just play rugby - the tables act as extra oppostion.
    Tie chi - or however you spell it.
    Table rugby two. Rugby, but on the tables - fallers off are sidelined (under the tables).
    Real answer: there MUST be an outside area!
    On the spot fitness, if not. On my letter of app years ago, I boasted of being able to develop skills and activities with limited facilities. I still can (but don't have to), but your predicament is a toughie - some sort of mini olympics/circuit stuff is where I am thinking...
    [​IMG] 'buuger me, smiley'

8. Thanks for all you ideas everyone! [​IMG]