1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE games for KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rosh89, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hi, does anyone have examples of fun P.E games that can be played with year 2 chidlren?

I'm going to be teaching a 30 minutes P.E lesson and I'm not going to have any access to equipment and we have only half of the hall that we can use. I've had a look on the internet but not had much luck. The only fun game I can think of so far is duck duck goose. Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Hi, does anyone have examples of fun P.E games that can be played with year 2 chidlren?

I'm going to be teaching a 30 minutes P.E lesson and I'm not going to have any access to equipment and we have only half of the hall that we can use. I've had a look on the internet but not had much luck. The only fun game I can think of so far is duck duck goose. Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Thanks

3. thepinkrachael

thepinkrachael New commenter

My year 1s/2s always like stuck in the mud - choose four or five children to be 'on' and they have to tag the others. If you are tagged, you have to stand with legs spread and arms out (stuck in mud) and can only be freed when someone else crawls under your arms or legs. We often use this as a warm up when thinking about low or high movements.
    Another one we have done as a warm up is to split class into 4 teamsand give each team a line on playgroun/wall of hall/whatever then you choose a way of moving (and they can suggest as well) gradually getting more energetic/difficult and they move around the space; when you shout home (or beans or whatever!!) they have to get back to their line first, first team back and sat down/stood like statues/however you want them gets a point. Not great for a whole session, but they do enjoy it as a warm up.
    Or shadows - pair up children and one person is the person/animals/call them whatever you want and the other is their shadow. They have to try and lose their shadow by moving sideways/in and out/fast then slow etc. (basically an introduction to the idea of marking someone). Shout stop every so often and look at where the pairs are, i.,e. who has lost their shadow? And keep swapping so no one stays a person or a shadow for the whole time.