1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE Curriculum Mapping Ideas

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Tomkend, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Good Evening.
    Just looking for some ideas to put together a draft curriculum map for PE based on the new curriculum.
    Has anyone got any example they are willing to share.
    How have your department based the turn around of each unit? Was it based on number of lessons i.e 4-5weeks (2 lessons per week), and therefore overlapping 1/2 term / term breaks? Do you run units for the 1/2 term, and therefore a group would complete 6 units of work?
    Many thanks.
    Look forward to your replies.
    TK

2. Good Evening.
    Just looking for some ideas to put together a draft curriculum map for PE based on the new curriculum.
    Has anyone got any example they are willing to share.
    How have your department based the turn around of each unit? Was it based on number of lessons i.e 4-5weeks (2 lessons per week), and therefore overlapping 1/2 term / term breaks? Do you run units for the 1/2 term, and therefore a group would complete 6 units of work?
    Many thanks.
    Look forward to your replies.
    TK

3. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

I looking at doing this soon for pirmary.
    Going to treat PE as one lesson a week - emphasis on personal development fitness through gym / HRF. Second lesson will be the games session - emphasis on developing and acquiring skills in Y3/4, with opportunities to play more games in Y5/6. Also include a net / wall block in Y5/6 for the non-games players.
    PE wise the unit will change every 6 weeks. Games wise it is one sport until Christmas, then one until Easter then another to Summer.
    Any news yet on dance - is it being shifted across to 'performing arts' or is it floating between PE and the arts? Personally would love to see it out of PE and used to encourage primary schools to develop the arts.