1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE Coordinator

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by crezcastle, Jun 25, 2011.

1. I've just been appointed at a primary school and because of my Dance background, have been given the role of PE Coordinator. I understand this to be a big role in the school as they have a lot of external services coming in to give the children extra-curricular activities.
    As a starting point does anybody have any advice or know any useful websites to visit in order to understand this role further?
    Thank you in advance

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

This reply MUST be from a secondary teacher. Primary is very different.
    Firstly make sure you have the contact details for all external providers. Phone them up and book in dates fromn September for them to come in (if not already done) get quotes.
    In September, get letter to parents telling them what's on and when and how much. Get them to pay for the sessions in advance.
    Arrange staff led clubs in September, see what they want to do and on what night. Put these datails in the letter too with any charges (if the school make any)
    If the external provision is for in school hours coaching, simple, arrange days and times and tell them to post the bill. Just check how many sessions she/he wants them in for, which classes will be having the coaching etc, If the provision is in school hours, I would, as P.E. co-ordinator be pushing to get rid of them and get staff teaching P.E. Much more beneficial to everyone.
    Much more simple eh? Enjoy the new role.