1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE co-ordinators, I need you!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Jul 26, 2011.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Hi all, am going into my second year as a PE co-ordinator, and now i've got my head around clubs and tournaments, I want to look at raising the number of pupils who attend clubs. In Sept I want to take a survey of pupils who participate in clubs in school, (Including gathering FSM data, etc) so that at the end of the year, I can show that I've managed to make our clubs more inclusive and accessible for all pupils, but am not sure what questions i'd need to include on such a survey!

Does anyone have a survey I could have a look at and adapt, or any suggestions for suitable questions which would get me some good data?! Thanks in advance.

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Hi all, am going into my second year as a PE co-ordinator, and now i've got my head around clubs and tournaments, I want to look at raising the number of pupils who attend clubs. In Sept I want to take a survey of pupils who participate in clubs in school, (Including gathering FSM data, etc) so that at the end of the year, I can show that I've managed to make our clubs more inclusive and accessible for all pupils, but am not sure what questions i'd need to include on such a survey!

Does anyone have a survey I could have a look at and adapt, or any suggestions for suitable questions which would get me some good data?! Thanks in advance.

3. Id start with how much they like or dislike PE in general scale of 0-5, then ask if they were in any after school clubs last year (which ones) Then ask about any out of school sporting clubs as some kids do sport but choose to do so away from school. The ones you need to really target are those who do nothing
    Then ask why they dont attend school sports clubs
    eg cost, timing, do outside school, dont have any clubs would enjoy, too competititive other
    Then ask what clubs they would like school to offer eg table tennis _ try to look for different sports like that or non competitive ideas like some sort of gym style activities

Create a set of data re who attends clubs etc (might have had a question about how much physical activity each child does a week)
    Then when people do clubs target them to find out if new to clubs etc

4. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Wow that's fantastic, thank you. Really very helpful :)