1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE Co-ordinator who doesn't teach PE or run any PE clubs...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sillow, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

... Is this something that would be acceptable?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

If I was ever PE co-ord it would be appealing...

There are worse things to stress over.

To be honest sounds like they were handed the post without wanting it. If you want to revamp the whole thing, then you probably could. Just ask.

3. I don't think a PE co-ordinator needs to run a PE club. I am art co-ordinator and I run a drama club. I do think it would be a bit odd not to teach PE, but in my school you just get allocated a subject, regardless of your interest in it. I suppose it would depend on why they didn't teach PE and whether it was their choice. As long as they are co-ordinating the subject well I suppose that's what matters.

4. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Iam pe co-ordinator... I teach pe but I don't run any clubs because I attend the sports tournaments run usually every few weeks, sometimes 2 a week and they last till half 5 so feel I'm more than doing my part! You might well find the same falls on you lol.