1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE Behaviour Strategies

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by gems1983, Dec 17, 2014.

1. I am going to be doing PE NCCT cover. I am looking for some ideas of behaviour management strategies that I can use when I am only going to be seeing each class for an hour a week and do not know the names of all the children. I know that the primary 7 classes are particularly difficult with some extremely challenging behaviour so any ideas would be much appreciated.

2. sir2006

sir2006 New commenter

Set out the ground rules at the start of each lesson - perhaps you could establish 5 generic PE rules that you can display and refer to during each lesson. Ensure that learners have ownership of these by devising them themselves. Try and focus on the positive behaviours you see and reward those accordingly. Use a whistle or '1, 2, 3 eyes on me' (pupils reply 1, 2 eyes on you) when you want attention and don't speak until you get it from EVERY child. Have the children lead warm-ups and cool-downs and praise those who are working hard - hopefully the above is a starter for ten...