1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PE becoming more curriculum important in 2012/13!

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Alf Ayed, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Alf Ayed

Alf Ayed New commenter

I have been a PE and School Sport Co-ordinator for the last ten years or so in Primary Education - currently teaching in a Personalised Learning Centre - no PE&SS for me as they have a Sports Instructor - as I wanted a further challenge!
    At the end of the Summer Term I bumped into some ex colleagues who were meeting over the disbandment of the PDMs job at a Secondary School and the taking in of the role in house and they were discussing the fact that there was a distinct possiblity of PE&SS taking a more central (core?) role following London 2012.
    Although I possibly could, I do not want to teach PE in a secondary school as I feel too many children enter there from Primary without the necessary skills to compete successfully with children from the better set up Primary Schools in even the basic football and netball skills, let alone the more exotic sports that we could and should be teaching!
    Does anybody on here know any more than this about the current state of play?

2. Alf Ayed

Alf Ayed New commenter

I have been a PE and School Sport Co-ordinator for the last ten years or so in Primary Education - currently teaching in a Personalised Learning Centre - no PE&SS for me as they have a Sports Instructor - as I wanted a further challenge!
    At the end of the Summer Term I bumped into some ex colleagues who were meeting over the disbandment of the PDMs job at a Secondary School and the taking in of the role in house and they were discussing the fact that there was a distinct possiblity of PE&SS taking a more central (core?) role following London 2012.
    Although I possibly could, I do not want to teach PE in a secondary school as I feel too many children enter there from Primary without the necessary skills to compete successfully with children from the better set up Primary Schools in even the basic football and netball skills, let alone the more exotic sports that we could and should be teaching!
    Does anybody on here know any more than this about the current state of play?