1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PDM and SSCo vacancies?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by stopwatch, Jan 5, 2011.

1. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

I am asking this question from the point of view of someone 'out of the loop' (I work overseas).
    Now that some funding has been 're-promised' by the government, does this mean that there may again be vacancies for posts such as PDM, SSCo and Competition Managers?

2. stopwatch

I am asking this question from the point of view of someone 'out of the loop' (I work overseas).
    Now that some funding has been 're-promised' by the government, does this mean that there may again be vacancies for posts such as PDM, SSCo and Competition Managers?

3. Highly unlikely.
    Competition Managers posts finish 31st March this year and they have no further funding.
    PDM's finish 31st August and wont be funded after them.
    SSCO's - possibly but I wouldn't have thought so. Fully funded until 31st August, from then on funding direct to schools for 1 day a week PE teacher release time. May keep some SSCO's in post but with falling roles I would expect most secondarys to pocket the money and use existing PE teachers.

4. stopwatch

Thanks for the update, looks like it's enforced retirement for me then....

5. I will be using expected for my school to liase with reliable external providers like Acti-Visports, or individual coaches. This is much better from a community point of view. It has worked brilliantly for our school.
    Ta.

6. stopwatch

? Didn't really understand what you said ?[​IMG]

7. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

You're getting silly now.
    This is not the way to promote your company.
    Are you actually a teacher or one of these sports coaches who thinks they are a teacher because they sat through a football level 1 course?