1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PDGE Art & Design interview 2011 - Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by shaz869, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hi there all,

I just wondered reading threw everyone saying
    about their applications if anyone has heard back from Edinburgh, or if
    anyone else has applied for the PDGE in secondary Art and Design? And
    whether they have been successful in getting an interview or not?

I
    am beginning to panic because my status on GTTR is saying that it is
    still under consideration, and I too had to send copies of my degree and
    qualifications to Edinburgh uni, which I was fairly happy with but now
    after hearing that other people have heard from other universities I am
    worried I won't hear anything back or that I am unsuccessful and that is
    why I have not had a change or update on my application.
    Please let me know if anyone is in the same position or has heard back.
    Thank you

2. Hi there all,

I just wondered reading threw everyone saying
    about their applications if anyone has heard back from Edinburgh, or if
    anyone else has applied for the PDGE in secondary Art and Design? And
    whether they have been successful in getting an interview or not?

I
    am beginning to panic because my status on GTTR is saying that it is
    still under consideration, and I too had to send copies of my degree and
    qualifications to Edinburgh uni, which I was fairly happy with but now
    after hearing that other people have heard from other universities I am
    worried I won't hear anything back or that I am unsuccessful and that is
    why I have not had a change or update on my application.
    Please let me know if anyone is in the same position or has heard back.
    Thank you

3. Hi Shaz
    I haven't seen any posts about secondary subjects for Edinburgh, but some people have heard back for primary. I have applied for primary and my GTTR status hasn't changed so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed :) Hope you hear back soon -Good luck!!

4. Hi Shaz869,
    I got into a bit of a panic earlier when I was reading a thread about primary interviews at Edinburgh - someone said they'd spoken to Murray House today and had been told that if you haven't heard by now then you don't have an interview but I phoned them to check and fortunately this only applies to primary! The Senior Admissions Officer (Steven Reid) who deals with secondary applications wasn't in today so I couldn't find out too much about the time frame but the lady I spoke to said that for History (the subject I've applied for) we should find out later this month and I imagine it will be similar for other secondary subjects. Steven will be back in the office tomorrow if you want to speak to him about it. Good luck!
    Anna

5. A little more news (or lack thereof) - I spoke to Edinburgh again today and was told they won't even be setting interview dates for secondary subjects until they've been told by the TDA how many places they have to offer (although they have set interview dates for the primary courses). I also spoke with the TDA and was told that they still have no idea when they will receive their budget information from the government. I guess all we can do is keep on waiting.

6. Thanks guys for getting posting back,
    I lost my post in TES so I have only just found your replies.
    Have any of you heard about your applications then? I found out last week that I have an interview on the Thur at Moray House. I'm so nervous, I'm trying to read threw things asap but not so successful. I hope if you have an interview it goes well for you both!!! [​IMG] Fingers crossed!!!!!
    If you have any interview tips keep me posted!!

7. Hey! I unfortunately didn't get offered an interview this year. I emailed admissions for feedback and they explained in the reply about the high level of applicants with all of the required qualifications this year and that anyone with pending results was automatically declined. I was gutted that I was declined because I have a result pending, but I at least wasn't rejected based on my personal statement!! Hopefully I'll have a better chance for my second attempt in September!! Good luck for your interview!! :D