1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PDF.. handwritten??

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by LucSki, Feb 12, 2019.

1. LucSki

LucSki New commenter

Hi All,

Any thoughts as to application forms in PDF format - does this mean you're expected to hand write them?
    Is it acceptable to email and ask for a Word Doc?
    It doesn't specify hand written and states either post or email returns...

Thanks!

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

New versions of Word will convert pdf documents with varying degrees of fidelity to the original format. It might be if you are very lucky that they've sent you an editable pdf, like HMRC use.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. LucSki

LucSki New commenter

Thank you - I have since come across another one for a different school that IS editable but the size of the text boxes do not change - therefore I am narrowing down my 'duties and responsibilities' to fit in the box!
    I am assuming I just address this further in my personal statement and just put 'highlights' on the application form.

I am currently still trying to find a solution to the other PDF.. managed to get it converted but the boxes/fonts were skewed... and we all know thats just not acceptable!

Any other thoughts from anyone please do let me know :))

4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

The last time I had to do this I found a website where I could upload it, edit it and re-download it.
    I can't remember whether it allowed me to expand boxes but, if there as a serious lack of space then yes definitely, include what doesn't fit on a separate sheet.

5. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 New commenter

There are websites that you can use for free that convert pdf documents to Word and email you a copy. You just have to be a bit careful as sometimes it does alter the format but definitely worth a try.

6. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Pdf-Xchange Editor is free software that lets you annotate a pdf. It's not too hard to use. Go to the View menu to get the Comment toolbar and it's fairly intuitive from there. The typewriter tool is the main one you'll need.
    Adobe have something similar but I prefer Pdf-Xchange.