1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PCOS, Clomid and no cervical mucus

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by shelia, May 30, 2011.

1. Hi all, I've not posted for a while after Af arrived last month I was gutted and cried for days I was so silly and was convinced I would fall pregnant first time on clomid. Any how cycle 2 of clomid and af arrived yesterday. I am now convinced its due to no cervical mucus, we've been using conceive plus is this enough? I got diagnosed with pcos in March. Knew something was wrong for years but docs kept saying it was fine and put me on the pill. Turns out I dont ovulate and im now on comid. Any got these problems and managed to have a baby? Sorry for lack of paragraphs on my phone. Thanks ladies x

2. Hi all, I've not posted for a while after Af arrived last month I was gutted and cried for days I was so silly and was convinced I would fall pregnant first time on clomid. Any how cycle 2 of clomid and af arrived yesterday. I am now convinced its due to no cervical mucus, we've been using conceive plus is this enough? I got diagnosed with pcos in March. Knew something was wrong for years but docs kept saying it was fine and put me on the pill. Turns out I dont ovulate and im now on comid. Any got these problems and managed to have a baby? Sorry for lack of paragraphs on my phone. Thanks ladies x

3. Hey sheila,
    Sorry it's not happened quickly for you. No first-hand experience of clomid, but I'm sure lots of ladies will be along soon with advice for you.
    Just a thought, but do you temp? I only started a couple of months ago, but it's really heartening to see a temp surge after ovulation to defo show that it has occured.
    Just another thought and I'm sure she won't mind me sharing. I remember notsomightmouse being on clomid and suggesting drinking lots of water and cough syrup (she was lucky enough to fall 1st month) as both these are supposed to increase cm.
    Hope things work out for you soon, good luck. x x

4. Thanks Miss bangles
    I don't temp but thought about trying it. I pee'd on sticks this month to discover I ovulated around day 17-18 not 14 as I thought. But we have been dtd every couple of days to increase our chances. I can't take the cough syrup as I am diabetic, type 1 and it will send my blood sky high. I am just feeling a little disheartend by it all, silly I know. I will def increase my water intake this month and see if that helps.
    Thank you for your advice and replying. x x x

5. I suffer with PCOS and tried for years to concieve, after many tests we finally got clomid prescribed but I had convinced myself by that time that it wouldn't work. To be honest I had given up hope of ever concieving as i had done everything I could to improve our chances, anyway after one round of clomid we got our bfp and our gorgeous daughter is now fast asleep upstairs.
    Please don't give up and I know how hard it is but try to stop putting pressure on yourself. The month we concieved was the first one in years where I didn't temp test, check mucus, dtd every other day etc etc I just ate a healthy diet, exercised, took the clomid, stopped counting days, dtd when we wanted to rather than when we felt we had to and relaxed. Good luck, I really hope it works for you soon xx

6. Hi Sheila,
    Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down, as Miss B said I was also worried about CM so also took cough syrup. If that won't work with diabetes then I was also recommended to drink large amounts of water (I used to make sure that 3 times a day I downed a pint glass full!) and apparently it is also good to include some salty snacks like popcorn. This could all be old wives tales, but for me it was better than doing nothing... oh, and grapefruit juice of course. I am also a fan of lying on your back with your feet proped against the wall for 20 mins afterwards... if nothing else this guarentees 20 mins of quiet time (although good to keep abook by the bed for this).
    Hope 3rd time is lucky for you xxx