1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Payscale advice!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by enthusiast, Mar 13, 2011.

1. enthusiast

enthusiast New commenter

I'm currently working part-time in a school I love. I got the job through a supply agency so I am still employed through them, but I've been asked if I would like to work full-time next year and be employed directly by the school. I immediately said yes to this and was then told the highest payscale I would be put on would be M4. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this is OK? I don't want to be underpaid!
    My employment history is as follows: 2 years full-time (M1 to M2), followed by a year doing daily supply, and then this year working part-time. As next year will be my 5th year does that not mean I should be on M5? Or does it not work as simply as that?

2. enthusiast

enthusiast New commenter

I'm currently working part-time in a school I love. I got the job through a supply agency so I am still employed through them, but I've been asked if I would like to work full-time next year and be employed directly by the school. I immediately said yes to this and was then told the highest payscale I would be put on would be M4. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this is OK? I don't want to be underpaid!
    My employment history is as follows: 2 years full-time (M1 to M2), followed by a year doing daily supply, and then this year working part-time. As next year will be my 5th year does that not mean I should be on M5? Or does it not work as simply as that?

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I think that I would accept that..... Daily supply doesn't 'count'....