1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PAYING FOR RESOURCES

Discussion in 'English' started by sleepyhead, May 13, 2011.

1. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Maybe so, but people pay for all kinds of resources all the time. If people are prepared to pay whatever price they are set at so that they don't have to write their own, that's surely a good business model?
    I wouldn't pay for resources - but people pay for mine.

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Why shouldn't people pay for resources if they cannot or are not willing to write their own? Many people can't construct their own as well as other people who have a skill or passion for doing so can.

3. tbh i think it's a fab idea!! why waste time you haven't got re-inventing a perfectly good wheel? i'm in favour of sharing resources and if that also means getting paid for all the hard work i've put in then all the better!!

4. Some sites allow you to set up an account and they will invoice the school so that you don't have to pay as an individual. We did this when we bought SoW resources from www.teachliterature.co.uk. I emailed them, they emailed me the resource and invoiced the school direct.