1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paying back mat. pay when moving LA?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by ibu_san, May 20, 2011.

1. ibu_san

ibu_san New commenter

I am currently on mat. leave due to return to work in the summer but am looking for jobs nearer to home...has anyone been made to pay back SMP if they've moved LA and started a new job at end of mat. leave? If so I understand the summer holidays can count towards return to work so would I have to pay back only 6 weeks if I don't go back to my old school? Thanks

2. ibu_san

ibu_san New commenter

I am currently on mat. leave due to return to work in the summer but am looking for jobs nearer to home...has anyone been made to pay back SMP if they've moved LA and started a new job at end of mat. leave? If so I understand the summer holidays can count towards return to work so would I have to pay back only 6 weeks if I don't go back to my old school? Thanks

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

The summer holidays do count towards the 13 weeks you are obliged to work post maternity leave - However, it is not a case of then just paying back the remaining weeks after that period as thepremise of your enhanced maternity leave is that you return to your job for the full 13 week period.