1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

paying back enhanced maternity pay

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by lilirenton, Dec 21, 2015.

1. lilirenton

lilirenton New commenter

I'm hoping to get some advice about this- been trying for a few months now to make a decision :((

I wonder if anyone has ever paid back their enhanced pay- is it in instalments? how does it work? Is this based on your salary?

I'm currently in mat leave and have pretty much decided not to return to work, although at the time I left I wasn't thinking straight and opted to have this paid then (rather than as a lump sum if I returned)

It seems that the amount we'll pay to have someone look after our baby for 13 weeks (so I can work my notice) will be about the same as paying back my enhanced pay....

Thank you very much

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

It would be up to your school, or LEA depending on your setting, to determine how they wish that money to be paid back. I have heard both of schools requiring the full amount invoiced for, and arrangements for instalments plus interest.

lilirenton likes this.
  3. lilirenton

lilirenton New commenter

Thanks ever so much for your reply.