1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pay

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by clematis, Apr 10, 2011.

1. It works out as something like £80-90 a day I think, and as far as I know you can only be paid for them if you are only on smp at the time.
    Ladybug- when did you take the kit days? I was under the impression they were one off days thst you arranged with your head, e.g. i went in for inset and changeover day and got paid for those two days.

2. Yes, I'm taking them as one-offs. I did 3 last week to help out with transition data etc and will take a couple on PD days. I'm not going back to work til July so I basically need to take them all by then. £80-90 is more than I thought, that's good!

3. You are ENTITLED under maternity law to 10 Keeping in Touch days. So in negotiation you decide when and where you take them but management cannot refuse you or refuse to pay you. If this is happening you really should be contacting union. You get paid a days pay for each one so this depends on where you are on the scale and how much you would usually get paid for a days work.