1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay scale

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by stavk, Mar 17, 2020.

1. stavk

stavk New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm just trying to navigate my way around the different salaries used in Australia and the UK.Could someone possible clarify how I might know where i sit on the MPS scale with my experience? I've been teaching for 7 years.

Thank you so much in advance

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Depends entirely on your school's pay policy. There's no national policy. So the only place to ask is your school.

strawbs likes this.
  3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

If you were currently teaching in the UK, then you probably start bargaining at whatever salary you are on at the moment. If not, as your profile suggests, then it might be hard to convince a school that your 7 years of teaching is as good as if you were in the UK and knew the system. The more research you can do on what you would teach in the UK, the better your chances of moving away from the bottom of the scale.