1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pay scale

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Mr_Teacher336d, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Mr_Teacher336d

Mr_Teacher336d New commenter

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could please advise me on this. I started at a FE college last September with one term left of my NQT as I had already completed two at a school, which I had done maternity cover at. I started the job at the first pay scale which is £23,720. All year I have been going above and beyond in my role doing more then established teachers and constantly being told my management how much I am valued and how good I am.

When I passed my Nqt in January I was automatically moved onto the next pay scale as I was told college's start new pay from September. I will probably be moved to new pay scale next month and backdated to September 2019 not January. However what has upset me is that I have realised in April 2019 they hired an nqt with two terms left (who is a friend of mine) who has started on the next pay scale, Yet this person asks me for help and I am way ahead in terms of being a teacher. I was wondering if should ask to go to the third pay scale and a miss a pay scale. Is this this something that can be done?