1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay scale

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 11eggos, Sep 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 11eggos

11eggos New commenter

Hi,
    I don't know if this may have been posted before. I've just started my 3rd year of teaching and was wondering about the pay.
    Should it go up automatically or is it something I have to request? A teacher said to me that her pay went up automatically in her 3rd year but that was a while ago now. I've had great observation results and feedback from SLT since I've been here, so I'm hoping it does rise!
    Thank you

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

It will go up if you pass you appraisal (by Oct 31st) so if you do it will be shown in your November pay and backdated from Sept 1st.

Pomza and (deleted member) like this.
  3. 11eggos

11eggos New commenter

Thank you,
    I still have mixed answers from people I’ve asked. So I have my appraisal on Friday and I’m worried that I haven’t met one of the targets. Teachers at my school have complained about ridiculous targets; a teacher had to improve reading scores when she only teaches maths!
    One of mine was to get 80% of my class to ARE in writing, when I had 6 registered SEN. So if this target is not met, do I not move up to M3?
    Other people have said it’s to do with experience?