1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay scale - where should i be?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by lanc lass, May 3, 2012.

1. Hoping someone can clarify where i should be on the payscale. I started teaching in 2003, i am currently on UPS1 which started last September. Was this the correct time for this to happen or should i have done it earlier? Also when do i apply for UPS2? Ty

2. Hoping someone can clarify where i should be on the payscale. I started teaching in 2003, i am currently on UPS1 which started last September. Was this the correct time for this to happen or should i have done it earlier? Also when do i apply for UPS2? Ty

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

UPS1 only happens once you have applied for Threshold and and have 2 successful PM Reviews that allowed you to meet all 10 Post Threshold standards.
    If you went onto UPS1 in Sept 2011, you must have applied for Threshold in the 2010/11 school year when you were on M6.
    You need to be in your second year on UPS1 to apply to be placed on UPS2, then 2 years on UPS2 before you can be moved to UPS3. A simple request to the Head, best put in writing , is all that's needed to progress on the Upper payspine at 2 yearly intervals. The only spanner in the works would be something like competency or capability proceedings.

4. Thank you