1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay Scale Help!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by staceycur, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I was just wondering if someone could advise me on which pay scale I should be on......
    I graduated in 2010 and began my first teaching post on a 0.2 contract September 2010 - August 2011, I have been on supply 2011-2012 and I will begin a 0.8 contract from Sept 2012. I have not yet completed my NQT induction year.
    I though I would still be on MPS 1 as I have not completed my NQT induction.
    Thanks in advance

2. I have read that you move up each pay scale each year even if you have not completed your NQT year as long as you have worked 26 weeks ...
    So I should now be on MPS 2 (2011-2012) or will I be still on MPS 1 with the 2 year pay freeze? What pay scale should I be on come September? I have not had any contracted teaching this year. I have been on supply.
    To work out my salary for September is it just 0.8 x MPS__? or is not that simple?
    Sorry if this sounds all sounds like things I should know the answer to but I'm rather confused!
    Thanks again!

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

You should be on MPS 2. You can use TAFKAM's very useful calculator to give you some idea about takehome pay:
    http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Take-home-pay-calculator-for-teachers-6033382/

4. Thank You

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Pay progression is unconnected to Induction.
    had you stayed in your 0.2 job you'd have progressed to M2 in your second year and would be on M5 in your fifth year, at the end of which you would complete Induction.
    If your supply work in this school year has been via a private agency, you will not have been paid on the Teachers Mainscale and your pay for LA work from 1st Sept 2012 will be M2.
    iF YOU HAVE DONE la PAID SUPPLY TEACHING, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAID ON m2 FOR THAT WORK AND WOULD PROGRESS to M3 if you had taught (even part-time) in 26 separate weeks between 1st Sept 2011 and 31st Aug 2012.
    You should contact HR/Salaries at your LA to up-date them on the LA paid employment yoiu have had which contributes towards pay progression. Do it now or over the summer so that your September pay will be at least M2.