1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay query?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by takethatno1fan, Sep 24, 2015.

1. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

Is it up to each local authority whether teachers get an increase in pay for September 2015?

I have just started a new job and notice I am not being paid as per the recommendations from the pay body for September 2015.

Also, the tax I have been deducted differs from the quoted deductions on the tesfaq.co,uk calculator.

Can anyone shed any light?

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

It's up to each school - they each have their own pay policy now. There is no pay portability, so where you are paid on the scale when you start should have been discussed at the interview/job offer stage.

Tax deductions may be wrong at the start of the job if they haven't had the P45 from your previous job; they should get corrected next month.

3. coppull

coppull New commenter

The school may also not have put in 1% pay increase in your salary this month ? Ask your colleagues,and office staff. Ask your Union,not the school rep,what is happening in your LA Schools.

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

Your tax deductions will depend on your year's pay to date in this tax year. They'll therefore depend on the information on the P45 which you gave to the new employer, and on the Notice of Coding you'll have received from the taxman, as well as your pay in your new school. Line all those up and check.