1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay queries?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissHoney232, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hi,

I'm about to start my NQT year this month- feb 2012.

I know I will start on M1 pay scale, what will happen come September? Will I move to M2 or remain on M1 until next February?

Many thanks!

2. Normally you go up toM2 as it is easier all round if all staff get their increments at the same time. Otherwise every Feb they would have to adjust only your pay.

3. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

I'd be surprised and a little miffed if you got your incremental increase in September having only done half of a year. In my school teachers only moved up the increment in september so if you haven't actually completed that year before then, you would stay on it until the following september.

4. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

Why would you be miffed, what's it got to do with you?! I expect the OP may be one of thousands of NQTs who have spent months unemployed, which has probably left them a little bit miffed too.
    You have to work at least 1 day a week for 26 weeks in a school year to move up. If OP starts after half term and is employed on a contract (not supply) I think they should JUST squeeze that in by September, in which case they'll move up. If not, I think they may have 18 months on M1 before moving up to M2.

5. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

Why ask a silly question hodgepodge? Can you not read?

6. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Modgepodge has give good advice, if you get 26 weeks in (part time of full,) employed by a state maintained school (I think LEA supply counts too, but not private companies) then they are entitled to move up the pay scale the following September.

7. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

I can read perfectly thank you, please don't question my skills at reading whilst spelling my username incorrectly as it makes you look a bit silly.
    I'm just confused as to why you would be "miffed" about a person you don't know moving up the payscale as they are entitled to according to the teachers pay and condition document?