1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay from government during school closures for day to day supply teachers?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by teddybelle, Mar 22, 2020.

1. historygrump

historygrump Star commenter Forum guide

2. Mad max

Mad max New commenter

3. greeneyes

greeneyes Occasional commenter

I’ve signed.

4. bounceback

bounceback Occasional commenter

Happyregardless likes this.
  5. Emmaree11

Emmaree11 New commenter

Hi everyone. I know this might be a silly question but what is the maximum amount a supply teacher can get on furlough per week gross (before tax and NI deductions) ?

pepper5 likes this.
  6. historygrump

,Emmaree11 It is £2500 per month.

The zoom conference was interesting it that it indicated

1. We should get paid furlough for the holidays, because the furlough money is worked out over 52 weeks and not not 40 weeks. So this raises the question of umbrella and agencies not paying us for Easter for example, because according to the union is in theory is wrong.

2. The went a greater local network for supply staff, with a designated supply rep.

3. They also what to raise the profile of supply in schools through the school reps, in that teachers who are permanent and who have worked supply, recognise how had a job it is.

4. The are hoping that supply will be used in the 6 week holidays in the government tutor roles to help students catch up.

Emmaree11 and steviepal like this.
  7. btml

btml New commenter

One of my agencies sent me this. It states how much per month and week you can get.

“The scheme allows us to claim up to 80% of your pay from the Government (capped at £2,500 per month/£576.92 per week).”

Emmaree11 likes this.
  8. elvispenhaligon

elvispenhaligon Occasional commenter

I think some agencies are probably pulling a fast one

Brixtonboy likes this.
  9. Brixtonboy

Brixtonboy New commenter

Yeah, right!

10. historygrump

Brixtonboy, we can always hope, not that I am expecting anything mind you.

Jolly_Roger15 and Brixtonboy like this.
  11. historygrump

The umbrella company as indicated that the furlough pay will continue through the six weeks holiday and the agency are still looking for tutors to do intervention work in September to help in the transition period and help people catch up.

12. MademoiselleP

MademoiselleP New commenter

Thanks, I did get furloughed but I only did because my neighbour is an accountant and she told me to ask them.

13. historygrump