1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay Freeze.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by boycee80, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Need some help regarding the pay freeze that is due to be introduced in September! I am currently on a M6 and was wondering do i still go through threshold onto the upper pay scale? How much pay increase do u get???Also do i need to apply to get onto the upper pay scale? heard it was automatic as of this year?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. coppull

coppull New commenter

Yes you can go through to the Threshold assuming you have completed two successful years of Performance Management.
    Please check at the top of this Forum for the latest Pay Scales for your pay increase.
    It should be an automatic process in your school,but in some schools HT would like a brief letter from you or there may an official school form to fill in .[​IMG] Please ask in your school if they have these procedures.
    Clearly if PM was working properly then you would not be on here asking the questions.

3. Thanks for your advice.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The pay freeze simply means that the amounts paid for each pay point will not increase in September. M1 in September 2011 will give an NQT the same annual pay as M1 does in this school year (no cost of living increase).
    You still move up the payscale every year if on M1 to M5 now (unless on competency proceedings and as long as you have been employed in at least 26 weeks of this school year) and go through Threshold if you meet the criteria for the Upper Pay Spine.