1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay for acting role

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Finched, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Finched

Finched New commenter

Hallo. I am a .7 PT in a large science faculty in Central Scotland. My .3 partner is signed off. So far, it has been for three and a half weeks. At what point should I (or should I have) recieve(d) full PT pay for taking on the full role?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am afraid that we are not necessarily up to speed with Scottich Law on here . . .

But logic suggests that if you are contracted to do 0.7 but are doing 0.7+0.3, then right from the start you should have been paid 1.0

Why not just toddle along to whoever holds the purse strings in your school and ask the innocent question Will the extra money that I am owed be paid before Christmas or after?

Best wishes

3. Finched

Finched New commenter

I should clarify that I am in the building all week, but am on unpromoted scale for .3. If I were coming in to cover where I would not normally be in, it would be straightforward.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Same advice - go and ask!

Best wishes

5. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

If you are covering lessons then you should be paid for the extra hours/days. It will probably be on a casual claim form and might take a while to arrive in your bank account.