1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay Bands Help!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by DELETED USER, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DELETED USER

DELETED USER Guest

Hi. I'm a qualified teacher looking to take a break from teaching and would like to try life as an HLTA.
    I'm just wondering if anyone knew what pay band this would put me in? I work in Hampshire. The pay scales off the Hampshire site are pasted below but I just don't quite know what I'm looking at! Any help would be appreciated!

<h3>Grades A and B</h3><table class="simpletable"><tr><th><h3></h3></th><th><h3></h3></th><th>Grade A </th><th>Grade B</th></tr><tr class="odd"><td> </td><td>Step </td><td>Salary &pound; </td><td>Salary &pound; </td></tr><tr class="even"><td>Normal Salary Range </td><td>3 </td><td>13,221 </td><td>14,991 </td></tr><tr class="odd"><td> " " " </td><td>2 </td><td>12,837 </td><td>14,553 </td></tr><tr class="even"><td> " " " </td><td>1 </td><td>12,489 </td><td>14,136 </td></tr></table>
    <h3>Grades C to H</h3><table class="simpletable"><tr><th><h3></h3></th><th><h3></h3></th><th>Grade C</th><th>Grade D</th><th>Grade E</th><th>Grade F</th><th>Grade G</th><th>Grade H</th></tr><tr class="odd"><td> </td><td>Step </td><td>Salary &pound; </td><td>Salary &pound; </td><td>Salary &pound; </td><td>Salary &pound; </td><td>Salary &pound; </td><td>Salary &pound; </td></tr><tr class="even"><td>Normal Salary Range </td><td>5 </td><td>17,034 </td><td>21,213 </td><td>26,277 </td><td>33,648 </td><td>41,550 </td><td>48,438 </td></tr><tr class="odd"><td> " " " </td><td>4 </td><td>16,539 </td><td>20,595 </td><td>25,512 </td><td>32,667 </td><td>40,341 </td><td>47,028 </td></tr><tr class="even"><td> " " " </td><td>3 </td><td>16,056 </td><td>19,995 </td><td>24,768 </td><td>31,716 </td><td>39,165 </td><td>45,657 </td></tr><tr class="odd"><td> " " " </td><td>2 </td><td>15,588 </td><td>19,413 </td><td>24,048 </td><td>30,792 </td><td>38,025 </td><td>44,328 </td></tr><tr class="even"><td> " " " </td><td>1 </td><td>15,138 </td><td>18,846 </td><td>23,343 </td><td>29,895 </td><td>36,921 </td><td>43,035</td></tr></table>

2. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

Goodness they don't look anything like ours.
    I can tell you this much I doubt very much it would be beyond Grade D and remember HLTAs don't get paid in holidays apart from the ones you have earned and BH. You would be lucky to get more than 30 hours a week.Check out some of the other threads about pay before you decide.Check if Hampshire have been through Single Status too.

3. I don't work in your area but for my full time (37 hours) HLTA post, paid pro rata I am guessing I am within Grade D before deductions.
    I take home under &pound;1000 per month.

4. I've just had a quick look at Hampshire County Council job site and couldn't believe how many vacancies there were! A quick scan shows that most jobs offered for primary support range in pays scales from B to C5, I didn't notice any HTLA vacancies. This link http://www3.hants.gov.uk/education/educationjobshampshire/educationjobshome/educationjobsjobdetail.htm?id=20801&swatch=

Shoes pay scale renumeration for full time and actual pay, as you can see when you factor in pro rats the wage doesn't look so good!

5. Shoe pay scales...I wish, that should read 'Shows pay scales...'

6. DELETED USER

DELETED USER Guest

Thanks. Wow, I couldn't live off that! Don't think anyone could! Hmm I need to rethink. Need to have my break but what to do in it is the question!