1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay after supply work

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by hockeyned, Jul 7, 2017.

1. hockeyned

hockeyned New commenter

Hi!

Didnt see a thread about pay so ive made a new one. Hope this was ok!

Going into my 4th year of teacher in September on a year contract (potentially permanent, im a qualified primary school and got a job at secondary, it is a perm position but giving me a year first). I've had temp contracts in my first 2 years of work, then supply for a year. Ive just recieved my contract and my pay on that stated im back on M2. I cant help but feel disapointed and wondered if this was right? I did think i would be on M3. In my previous contracts i did go through a pay related performance review, but because i left i never got the decision and we also changed heads in that time - the assessments were done before hand.

Any advice or idea? Am i in the wrong?

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

there is no pay portability - what you were paid at previous schools has no bearing on what you new school can pay you. Did the subject of pay not come up at interview?
    PS there is a forum called "pay and conditions" which has a fair few threads like this

wanet and (deleted member) like this.
  3. wanet

wanet Star commenter

It does amaze me that this message doesn't seem to have got across to the chalkface.

sabrinakat, Pomz and strawbs like this.
  4. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Even in my boozed up belligerent state I hesitate to ask this but.........
    Are you in a strong enough position to go to the HT and say, "I never discussed pay when I accepted the offer because I assumed I'd be on M3. I can't manage my commitments on M2 so I will have to find another post asap."?