1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pay - £50,000?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Jamp, Sep 9, 2011.

1. The volume button on the kids must have been a bit loud this week and I've gone a bit deaf as I am sure a bloke on News 24 just said teachers get £50,000 after 7 years AND NOBODY CHALLENGED HIM!!!!!!!! I'm very puzzled because I've just checked the National Pay & Conditions and this figure is way up on the Headteacher's scale. How strange!

2. I suppose a ups3 in inner London would cost a school circa 50,000, with on costs and ppa cover costs

3. Yes, I believe he was a free school head. He said teachers start on £27k and can earn £50k - I thought he said within 5 years, but then I was cooking in the kitchen and the kids were around. I know you get an Inner/Outer London allowance for those teaching folk down there, but come on! Maybe I need a job in a free school if that's the going pay. Does that include the £100+ a month reduction in pay that the government wants to rob off me for the increased pension contributions?