1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pattern Topic - Story ideas for nursery.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by glitzygirl81, Oct 28, 2017.

1. glitzygirl81

glitzygirl81 New commenter

Hi,

I'm an NQT working in nursery. This next half term our topic is patterns. Can anyone recommend some stories i could use? I've though Elmer, aliens love underpants but would love some other ideas.

Thanks in advance - A stressed out NQT.

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Established commenter

My mum and dad make me laugh
    pattern fish
    Hooray for fish

I'm sure there will be others coming.

zippygeorgeandben likes this.
  3. Bajan-night

Bajan-night Occasional commenter

I was going to suggest My mum and dad make me laugh.

Have a look on Pinterest for ideas for activities.

4. glitzygirl81

glitzygirl81 New commenter

Thank you so much for your ideas :) x . Much appreciated. Do you know of any Christmas stories that would be good to use with this topic as well?

Thanks x

5. zippygeorgeandben

zippygeorgeandben New commenter

I'm in Reception and we just finished a week on copying and creating patterns. We tied it in with Healthy Eating and Olivers Fruit Salad and finished the week off by making fruit kebabs. Children loved it more than I thought. I'd cut the bananas, strawberries, berries up and they had to create a pattern on their bamboo skewer and once I took a photo they could eat it. You should have seen their faces when they made it and I said they could eat it (I think they thought I was going to tell them to put it with the unifix cubes or something!?)