1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Patience, Resilience and a lesson from Buddhism

Discussion in 'Primary' started by DocWol, May 14, 2016.

1. DocWol

DocWol New commenter

This is really two things in one, an assembly idea and potentially a leadership issue. I've attached an assembly I did last week reflecting on my negative reaction to massively overcrowded streets in London when recently attending a meeting. I got frustrated and angry at the tourists barring my way back to Waterloo and by the time I had calmed down felt quite ashamed of myself. When planning the assembly I had a quick look around the internet and came across a similar experience but the author (who unfortunately I can't find and acknowledge) had looked at this from a Buddhist perspective. An ideal assembly! Please see attached.

Then the extra bit. I am passionately interested in the emotional well-being of teachers and realised that this was also relevant for teachers so I wrote about it and put it in my blog. If you think that the assembly is a good idea I would be grateful if you would have a look at my blog HERE and maybe pass on the idea to others in your school (especially your leadership team).

Attached Files: