1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paternity Question

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Mercyknight, Jan 4, 2011.

1. I have taken 1 week of Paternity starting from today, and noted down on the form that I only required 1 week paternity due to the drop in income. I have now been able to subsidise the drop in income and want to take a 2nd week of paternity.

Am I able to ring up my school and say, instead of having 1 week I am now wanting 2 weeks?

2. I have taken 1 week of Paternity starting from today, and noted down on the form that I only required 1 week paternity due to the drop in income. I have now been able to subsidise the drop in income and want to take a 2nd week of paternity.

Am I able to ring up my school and say, instead of having 1 week I am now wanting 2 weeks?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Congratulations on the new little MercyKnight! Hope s/he's goiving you mercy at night. [​IMG]
    According to the website
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/moneyandworkentitlements/parentalleaveandpay/dg_10029398
    you need to give 15 weeks' notice. However, your school may be willing to be flexible, so I suggest that you just ring up and ask the Head.
    Best wishes to all the family.

I shall be contributing to the Seminars on Saturday 8th January. TheoGriff Job Seminar
    Look forward to seeing you!