1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pat on the back for teachers

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by bigpedro, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

dont post it here, we know. send it to Gove!
    [​IMG]

2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

He's far too interested in being bossy to worry about what really goes on. I wrote to him suggesting that he look at these forums to find out some of the real problems teachers have, but he didn't even bother to reply.

3. katnoodle

katnoodle New commenter

Thank you Doitforfree! Gove is unfortunately not intelligent enough to truly understand your words - he'll use it as evidence for his ridiculous idea that teachers love their jobs so much they will be happy to work longer days and take less holiday!

4. Thank you, what a nice thing to post.

5. Thank you ever so much, Doitforfree. :)

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

What I nice post - thank you.

7. You have hit the nail on the head here, Doitforfree! I have one coming up where I have 31 five minute appointments in the space of two and a half hours. How can that possibly work?! My comments make little sense from the word go, but about two hours in and I'm talking complete gobbledigook!

Check out this link for more thoughts about Parents Evenings:

http://crapteacher.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/meet-the-parents/

;) crapteacher

8. Good to have a supportive pat on the back from time to time. We had a parents evening a while ago & had two and a half minutes in which to see each set of parents.
    Needless to say it was not a great success. Lots of things went wrong (no point listing them all). But, the worst part was that many of the staff had predicted a bad evening while the SMT turned a deaf ear, refusing to accept (in writing even!) that there would be any problems!