1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pat and Anna

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by iknowjack, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Anyone got any thoughts advice about the school run by Pat and Anna in Bangkok? I know the school has great reviews but what about living in Bangkok with a fairly young family? Any advice or recent experience would be interesting to read

Thanks iKJ

2. Anyone got any thoughts advice about the school run by Pat and Anna in Bangkok? I know the school has great reviews but what about living in Bangkok with a fairly young family? Any advice or recent experience would be interesting to read

Thanks iKJ

3. I'm assuming that all the interviews have happened for here and that everyone who was shortlisted has been notified?

Bummer!

4. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

One would have to err on the side of the Dude here. This old couple have become a little too snug around the waist, the marks that their offspring have attained at all of the flower shows at which they have presented recently have dropped appreciably, much to the chagrin of many of their supporters. A lot of people put this down to overcrowding in the flower beds, with up to 30 seedlings being found in some, not what one expects at a top notch establishment.
    To be frank their garden has become too small for the number of plants they are expecting to harvest. many of their seedlings are delivered directly from multi national companies who do not check for essential bedrock under the, increasingly, thinning topsoil, there are signs of this changing however owing to one or two infertile years. This will undoubtedly be a big year for them, some senior gardeners are leaving and will leave big wellingtons to be filled.
    Their pensions, though, are still top notch their sheltered housing is also amongst the best. I would say what used to be the Chelsea Flower show has now become more like a run down Glasgow Botanic Gardens. Still smelling sweet, just but definitely on the slide.
    This is a city where many places are on the dungheap though, if you are offered a job by these two-grab it, your two years at the horticultural coalface will whizz by and you will certainly have a great time travelling and visiting some lovely places.

PM me for more info....

5. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

The application process is a nightmare, you have to fill in an on-line form that has been designed by a drunken Monkey. Continual crashes and many boxes that will not accept the information needed.

Any E-Mails explaning the problems in the form are answered with an E-Mail telling you to fill in the form.

6. Have all these interviews been done and jobs gone then? Was anyone successful? I'd love to know who got an interview for the job I applied for. Not out of bitterness, but I want to know what they had in their letter that I didnt. I need something to work off!

7. What did you go for? I got interview for primary last week. They are at search now. There were only 4 jobs going in primary though so the odds are not good, especially with my family in tow.

8. Busstopjen

Busstopjen New commenter

They actually prefer families as it means you're less likely to be professional tourists and leave after the first contract!